My sister saw Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps

Sunday, September 26, 2010 9:26 AM By Simon

(terribly sorry, Blogger is being a bitch right now and won't let me upload the poster)

---As an avid fan of Shia Lebeouf and Carey Mulligan, I felt morally obligated to see this sequel to Oliver Stone’s 1980’s drama.

---That poster is so Godfather.

---Look, its virtually impossible to understand what everyone’s saying 100% of the time. At best, you can maybe catch a familiar word of phrase, but probably only if you saw the original Wall Street. Or, you know, work on Wall Street.

---Rather boring, since Shia is kind of ignoring his scruffy charm, but Douglas is sufficiently a creep and Mulligan is one of those rare, rare, actresses who can still be gorgeous when they cry.

---Performances were all good, notably Frank Langella as Lebouf’s protegee who offs himself pretty early in the movie after being forced to sell…something. (oh, was that a spoiler?)

---I don’t understand how anyone could find this line of work so fascinating.


She's here, if you care.

4 comments:

SugaryCynic said...

it sucks when blogger decides to be an assbutt. As someone with a deep-seated hatred of Shia Lebouf, I have zero interest. (Louis Stevens is dead to me!)

September 26, 2010 at 6:17 PM
Darren said...

I release Blogger allows you more freedom, but this is why I took the safe (and boring) option of using wordpress.

And I am psyched about the film, despite the lukewarm reaction to it. Just because I feel Oliver Stone has earned the right to make a sequel, since the moral is still y'know, timely. And also because Douglas has never been better than as Gekko.

September 27, 2010 at 4:31 AM
Colin Biggs said...

Douglas usually would get me to buy a ticket, but the tepid reaction has me waiting for a rental.

September 27, 2010 at 9:22 AM
Franz Patrick said...

I liked the 1st WALL STREET but I don't feel any urgency to watch this sequel. I'm not a fan of Shia but I am a fan of Carey. I'll save myself the $11 and wait for it DVD.

September 27, 2010 at 9:20 PM