I've been just terrible, darlings

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:40 PM By Simon

All this Netflixing, I've completely neglected by ever-growing collection of unwatched DVDs. Les horreur!

Now, with the arrival of Inception (an unexpected early CCCCCCCCCCCCChanukah (basically hack out that first syllable) gift from my newly-appreciated mother), I find myself having to clear out this specific space where I keep all of them. And now, I leave it to YOU, gentle literate peoples, to decide what I watch next. This is important.

Of course, a poll will go up once I weed through the initially eliminated. Ahem.

Three Colors: Red
Pistol Opera
Capturing rhe Friedmans
Breathless
Kiss Me, Stupid
Vera Drake
Karmic Mahjong
4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days
Broken Flowers
Alfred Hitchcock collection
Masters of Horror Collection
Interview
All About Eve
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls
The Valley of the Dolls
The Inn of the Sixth Happiness
Interview
Lethal Weapon
Masters of Mayhem collection
The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys
Jack Nicholsan: Cult Classics
Bela Lugosi: King of the Undead
Gorehouse Greats Collection

8 comments:

Robert said...

You should watch Vera Drake or 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days! Those popped out at me because those are two that I have been meaning to watch for ages. Strangely, both have similar subject matter as well (abortion).

December 7, 2010 at 6:38 PM
Sebastian Gutierrez said...

You have Interview on their twice! You doing alright?

Watch 4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days. It's fantastic!

December 7, 2010 at 7:03 PM
Nick Prigge said...

All About Eve. Gotta be All About Eve. Though 4 Months, 3 Weeks would also be a fine choice.

December 8, 2010 at 6:22 AM
Andreas said...

Three Colors: Red is an incredible movie - if you haven't seen any Kieslowski before, that's starting at the top, since it's his last and possibly best. Complete with Irene Jacob & Jean-Louis Trintignant!

I also echo the recommendations for All About Eve & 4M/3W/2D. Great movies all. Oh, and Breathless, which is one of the most important in all cinema history.

December 8, 2010 at 7:48 AM
Anonymous said...

4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days.

December 8, 2010 at 8:39 AM
D Swizzle said...

SHARON STONE VAGINA MOVIE.

December 8, 2010 at 12:19 PM
Darren said...

I'm going to go with Andreas and suggest Three Colours: Red. Three Colours: Blue is also beautiful. Three Colours: White is just okay, to be frank.

December 8, 2010 at 4:27 PM
Anonymous said...

"The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys" = Emile Hirsch. I love him.

"Vera Drake" and "Trois coleurs" we amazing.

December 13, 2010 at 10:04 PM