Battle royale: Best cover of 'Man Who Sold the World'

Sunday, February 13, 2011 7:41 PM By Simon

So, mes amores, if you hadn't gathered by the somewhat-persistent music videos planted here, I am something of a Bowie fan. The song that made me a Bowie fan, as it were, was The Man Who Sold the World, a brilliant split-personality-off that might've doubled as a space western anthem.

So I ask you: who embarrasses it least with their cover?















(by the way, check this shit out: )

And, of course, any others you can think of.

7 comments:

Andreas said...

I've always loved Lulu's version, but you can't really beat Nirvana at this game. What a great song.

February 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Anything that includes Trent Reznor gets points just for existing.

February 14, 2011 at 10:50 AM
Aiden R. said...

Damn, all of these are blocked at my office and I can't even see who's doing the covers, but I'll vote for Nirvana even though I'm with Jose on the Trent Reznor comment.

February 15, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Neil Fulwood said...

Not very often I find myself in a majority, but it has to be the Nirvana version. No question.

February 16, 2011 at 12:11 PM
Colin Biggs said...

And I'm pretty sure that Gorillaz "cover" is just a fan-made vid with Nirvana synced.

February 16, 2011 at 1:16 PM
Simon said...

Fitz: This is irrelevent in the face of pretty, pretty pictures. But maybe.

February 19, 2011 at 11:54 AM