Things that baffle and fighten me

Friday, February 12, 2010 4:18 PM By Simon , In

The rabid rise of The Blind Side to Best Picture.

The Emmy/Golden Globe enamorement with Two and a Half Men.

The Jersey Shore.

The fact that the cast of the Jersey Shore continues to besmirch the name of my mediocre state, even though none of them are from New Jersey.

That hippity-hop music.

Twilight.

Diet Dr. Pepper.

People in my school shitting themselves to see Dear John, which looks so...polite.

My odd and uncharacteristic urge to enjoy the Centuron trailer.

Get Him To The Greek.

Lost.

Bloggers. Not movie bloggers, or music bloggers, or book bloggers...the bloggers who blog about themselves. It's just so...confusing.

Alrighty then, because I'm lazy and haven't seen any good movies lately, or read any books I have any business reviewing (I'm reading On the Road right now, and last week I was reading a Maigret book), I'm just bullshitting. But fear not, gentle motherfuckers! I might just be seeing Shutter Island this weekend. That is, if I can get my mother to take me, as she is the only person I know who is/can pass for eighteen. She's always complaining about me dragging her to 'boring movies' (this lady I might be related to enjoyed the Proposal). So I says, hey, lady, if I could change my birth certificate, I would, kay?

Oh, never mind. Enjoy life, ladies and gentleman. I just got my hands on a copy of An American Werewolf in Paris, and it's the weekend.

0 comments: