Brief Thoughts on Recent Events

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:11 PM By Simon , In ,




LOCAL:
Midterms suck panda dong. There, I said it.

MOVIES:
I am so fucking excited for Inception I can't even stand it. Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Cillian Murphy in the same movie? My god, the shear amount of pretty would set the screen up in flames, Inglorious Basterds style!

(How good was that movie?)

I have recently watched a trifecta of awesomeness in the form of Anna Faris-starring, Gregg Araki's Smiley Face (he made The Doom Generation and Mysterious Skin, the latter starring one of the Pretty People above, which you should know if you're worth the price of your internet connection. Unless you are in a Starbucks. I which case, I hate you. Go back to your screenplay), Point Blank (starring Lee Marvin and the eh Angie Dickinson, at least trying not to be all shrieky-useless, and getting a nice little breakdown scene near the end), and 24-Hour Party People (Steve Coogan in a quasi-biopic about Tony Wilson, founder of the Factory, non-Warhol edition. I say 'quasi' because he's really more of a minor character, by his own admission. It's remaining 2/3 consist of a Joy Division/New Order biopic, and the Hey Mondays). I might get around to reviewing them, perhaps. Or not. Enjoy pretty covers.

0 comments: