Trailers, yo, trailers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 4:05 PM By Simon

Thailand's Dark Knight is utterly, entirely badass.



Burke and Hare gets the 90s-trailer treatment. And lots of shit jokes. Kay.



From Julie Taymor (oh, excuse me: Visionary Julie Taymor), The Tempest (my favorite Shakespeare play, because I'm learn'd and junk) gets a post-punk adaption with Helen Mirren and without Katharine Heigl/Molly Ringwald/etc. Not nearly as batshit as it would like to be (but, friends, make no mistake, it is a goodly amount of weird), with the assisted likes of Dijimon Hounsou (oh, my, Caliban, what have they done to your face? I can't say I hate it), Russell Brand, Alfred Molina, Ben Whishaw, and Alan Cummings. I don't care what you say, Early Reviews, I'm seeing this shiz.



"Tonight, you shall have cramps." Guys. Shut up.

2 comments:

SugaryCynic said...

Red Eagle looks so badass!! Also he's Paree from Tsunami Warrior! I didn't recognize him at first because he was wearing more than a loincloth :p

I was looking forward to Burke and Hare but that trailer looks retarded, and yes, quite nineties.

I am digging the hell out of Helen Mirren as Prospero, but it's by the chick that did Titus and I HATED that movie. It epitomizes 90's bullshit that existed for the sake of being bullshit.

October 5, 2010 at 5:43 PM
Robert said...

I'm iffy about The Tempest, I didn't love the trailer but Mirren and Whishaw...eeeeeeeerrrrrg. Kind of have to go see them.

October 6, 2010 at 7:43 PM