Thoughts on Play Misty for Me

Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:12 PM By Simon

-Yes, well...not nearly as scary as it was hyped to be. I mean, certainly Clint Eastwood is fine, if laughably unnatural-looking in suede pants and fucking sidebars, but I didn't find Jessica Walter creepy so much as annoying and, yes, occasionally batshit insane. As per the seventies, lots of shots showing off their location budget, lots of long, lumbering walks in down the street, weird sex where the girl is practically tearing the skin off of the guy's back.

-I hate the song 'Misty'. I despise it.

-If Clint Eastwood were a radio jockey, it would be for hardcore country music. Wanna know what that is? No you don't.

3 comments:

RC said...

That poster looked scary until I saw the name Eastwood.

July 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM
Darren said...

Could never really get behind this, to be honest. Say it once when i was younger and on an Eastwood buzz (having simultaneously discovered Dirty Harry and The Man With No Name). It's not as bland as some of Eastwood's offerings (The Gauntlet?) but it ain't great.

July 30, 2010 at 12:47 AM
CMrok93 said...

I saw this movie last year, and I was impressed by how bad of a directing job this was for Eastwood. Then I realized it was his debut so I got to cut him some slack.

August 3, 2010 at 1:14 PM