Thoughts on Schindler's List Part Deux

Thursday, June 3, 2010 7:39 PM By Simon


-You know what? I never wanted to see this. Until now, I had been going out of my way not to see it. The topic so grim, the reputation so mighty, despite the presence of Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson and Ben Kingsley in actual form, I cannot bare Holocaust movies. I'm Jewish. I know how shit went down. I'm not going to start a genocide on myself. I do not see what's so necessary in shoving it down my throat.

-What's with the fascination with the Holocaust? Yes, it was recent, and it was horrible, and it left a big-ass pockmark on the face of mankind, but were there not other massive genocides before and after? Like, what do the Armenians have to say about this? Oh, that's right, nothing. Because they all got killed.

-Except the Kardashians for some reason.

-Dude.

-Of course, the production behind this movie is very interesting. I could go on, but I shan't, I tell you, go to the trivia section of the IMDb. One thing I find interesting is that Steven Spielberg actually toned down Goeth's asshole-craziness, because he didn't think American audiences would buy such needless sadism as fact. Yeah.

-It wouldn't be so bad if I got it all down in one sitting. But no. We watch maybe half an hour every day in History for the past week. Another day and a half before the goddamn thing is done. My soul shrivels with this movie, okay?

-*sob*

2 comments:

Miley said...

I, too, haven't watched it. Not because I'm Jewish or because I don't think it's real or anything but because watching the atrocities one human can do to another is really quite sickening.
I can't imagine having to drag it out over a week - ick!

June 4, 2010 at 7:05 AM