Wait a doggone second...

Saturday, June 26, 2010 11:02 AM By Simon


Remember that time five minutes ago when I said I had never see a Miyazaki film before? Turns out, I had!

See, I'm watching the opening ad of My Neighbor Totoro, and there's an ad about Disney releasing all the Studio Ghibli films. I'm like, ho-hum, good for you. Then, I seethe title of Kiki's Delivery Service, and again, whatevs, I'm too cool to care. But then clips of said film start playing, and I realize, that is a movie from my fucking CHILDHOOD, yo! I had owned it when I was but a wee lass, back when I obsessively watched the Sailor Moon prequels on VHS. In fact, I had seen twice before the tape/DVD (can't remember) went and disappeared, either lost or sold or given away, never to be seen by me again. What a world! Oh, how I toiled away, trying to remember the name of that broom-riding young witch and her cat, whose name I still can't rember.

Carry on with your lives.

3 comments:

D Swizzle said...

Dude, I'm going to make you a suggestion box. I know how!

May I begin with a Futurama recap?

June 26, 2010 at 11:47 AM
Simon said...

You certainly may, yo.

June 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM
D Swizzle said...

im talking about you.

TV recaps.

every week.

it should happen.

June 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM