I'm having a bad day

Thursday, April 15, 2010 1:31 PM By Simon


So, yeah, I wanna be a writer, but everything I puke out is either painfully contrived, has no plot, makes no fucking sense, is a bad idea, or is just bad. The movie industry is so in the tanks i'd be lucky to get a job printing out the spare scripts' cover pages. I despise high school with the burning intensity of a supernovae (that's a Big fucking Deal, alright?), I'm too lazy to even find a movie-related sad face, so I just found a panda I had on my computer for some reason, I can't find a job that doesn't involve tuna subs, my go-to music downloading site stopped working, Community's out of season, my computer won't stop blitzing out, I can't get goddamn Ke$ha out of my head, I have a three tests tomorrow, nobody in my house will shut up, and I am now almost fifty percent positive I have a personality disorder. That is, of course, besides the fact that I'm at that tender age when everybody in my fucking school is an asshole, girls won't shut up about prom or whatever, I just found out cracking your knuckles as I do causes arthritis, and The Libertines might be getting back together, but only if Pete Doherty doesn't OD at the last minute (seriously, that guy's a rock n' roll martyr without the late-twenties).

Will somebody please confirm for me that Go Ask Alice is not, in fact, a real diary?

7 comments:

Univarn said...

Cracking Knuckles doesn't lead to arthritis, at least to the extent that no experiment on it to date has really been conclusive (or even close to overwhelming). So cheer up there (I'm a compulsive knuckle cracker as well so I keep an eye on it).

Everyone has a personality disorder. Welcome to the world!

People in your house will shut up eventually. Nature takes care of that.

Most teens despise their high school. I know I did mine. I hated when prom came around as well. But to people who get into that sort of thing, it's a big deal for them so why bother worrying about it?

There's always The Soup? And if that doesn't cut it for you, I'm sure there's plenty of other shows out there (online and/or tv) that'll more than abide your necessity.

Ke$ha, I can't help you there. Only counter to a song stuck in your head is another song stuck in your head.

If you want to be a writer, just write. I've met maybe a handful of writers in my life who don't think their own writing is absolute rubbish. Go ahead and put it together anyways. Follow The Lookout advice: start at the end of your story, and work your way backwards.


But, above all, remember: IT'S OK! Bad days, good days, they all come and go. Life goes on. Just take a deep breath, and tackle only the problems you can. Everything you can't control, well, sometimes you just gotta let that stuff go or you'll go insane.

Hope your tomorrow is better than today :)

April 15, 2010 at 2:26 PM
Wild Celtic said...

Sad Panda...

Aw. Bad days are the worst, aren't they? Just hang in there. Life goes on, you graduate from high school (thank god), you go to university and meet new people and really start living how you want to live. Then you grow up more...and realize that you can make your life whatever you want to make it. You will be a writer. You will make a screenplay and one day we will all be able to say "We knew Simon way back when he was in HS and he was having a bad day..."

Chin up. You're out there, you're trying and that's all that matters.

April 15, 2010 at 2:46 PM
Simon said...

I wrote this when you were out covorting with whoever, sister darling.

April 15, 2010 at 6:41 PM
D Swizzle said...

Oh, are you refering to the life I have?

April 15, 2010 at 8:03 PM
Simon said...

No, I'm referring to that fetus you had.

April 16, 2010 at 11:54 AM
D Swizzle said...

Hey, she had a name and it was Shaquiqui.

April 16, 2010 at 6:35 PM
Rant about bad day said...

Everyone has a personality disorder, so we have to adjust according to the situation.

October 24, 2011 at 4:05 AM