I've had it, SNL

Sunday, March 7, 2010 11:19 AM By Simon

I've had it with your persistence in stupid, lowest-common-denominator sketches. You used to house Bill Murray, you bastards.

Now, you boast a host as awesomely bearded Zach Galifinakis, and I think during your promos, "Oh, joy! Finally, maybe they'll rise to the occasion!" But did you? No. You pulled Zach right down to your level. A lackluster opening about, HOW original, nobody likes the Health Care Bill. We then go in for a bit of Zach's old standup routine that was funny, dammit. Hot damn, I was so happy just then.

And then my heart sank. Because I knew how the next two minutes of my life were going to be spent the minute I heard "But I've got to warn you--my family's pretty close." Relying on a sketch that depends entirely on how funny you find dudes kissing, incest, necrophilia, and bestiality. Congratulations, Lorne Michaels.

I'm fucking mad at you, SNL. You promise such spoils as Zach Galifianakis and Vampire Weekend, who were awesome as always, and you fuck it up with 'What Up With That' and The Today Show. Sure, the 'Zach Drops By The Set' Digital Short was pretty good, but seriously, and Weekend Update was good as always (Keenan Thompsan makes a good Mo'Nique). But everything else...

I do have to say, this entire cast has become so...All-White-Male. You have Keenan Thomspan play every single black character, except for Fred Armisan, who's Obama impersonation gets worse everytime they whip it out. You have three skinny girls who could be funny, if they were given anything to do. For now, they're reduced to straightman and wearing small dresses, leaving every funny female role to Kristen Wiig, who's schtick is getting fucking old. The only castmembers I really like Will Forte, Bill Hader, and Andy Samburg, with maybe Keenan Thompson for nostalgia's sake (i grew up with All That, dammit!).

I can forgive the shitty hosts--we get it, keep with the young crowd. But you're not funny anymore. You're not. I'm almost tempted to say it's not the casts fault, until you realize that many of them are probably the writers, or at least constribute.

I give up. I'm done with you.

Happy Oscars.

2 comments:

PIPER said...

The Hoobastank comment was pretty damn funny during the opening.

But I gave up on SNL years ago. I mean, YEARS ago.

March 8, 2010 at 7:40 PM
Anonymous said...

[p]Si les divers garnis se présentent comme sèches, graduellement les divers brosser qui porte sur la brosse comment faon agréable au sein d’une voie dans le but de [url=http://www.pascheruggclassicfr.info]botte ugg pas cher[/url] restaurer la pratique du fra?cheur gratuit en derme au sein de astrakan . Vamp échantillon simple atmosphérique, [url=http://www.uggfrclassictall.com]bottes ugg pas cher[/url] vogue vendeur d'huile de serpent . Q

[url=http://www.stroeblitz3.at/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27408&p=352209#p352209]They are beautiful shop online statement made ugg boots1b[/url]
[url=http://210.76.65.80/forum/index.php?topic=75658.0]They are beautiful shop online statement made ugg5y[/url]
[url=http://www.saenderski3d.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=99273]They are beautiful store statement made discount ugg3r[/url]

December 1, 2012 at 11:55 PM